Thursday, July 23, 2009

A weekend treat!

I'm back from my honeymoon. My trip was so amazing that I'll never ever fully be able to describe how wonderful it was. I'll have to let the pictures do all the talking. I'll save that for another post.
About a week before I left on my honeymoon I took a little side trip to Socho (Seoraksan -- a really cool National park) with my good friend Amy. Trying to save a little cash we decided to try couch surfing. Basically Amy sent out a few emails to people asking if they would be willing to host us for 3 nights. We ended up staying with a husband and wife and their two small boys from the US who are also teaching in Korea, just like us! And wow, all I can say is that they were so welcoming and did way more then we ever expected! Thanks Catherine (and family)!!!!!!
Here are some pictures from our adventures:
Amy pretty excited to see that there were two kinds of filling in her donut!

We were both really excited to leave Seoul. Sometimes the craziness here is just too much.

The first day we went right to the park.

Relaxed in a Buddhist temple then hiked up a mountain (read: walked for an hour up a small hill)
Took a rest at a waterfall
Drank with some old men!
Rode the cable car to the top! A fun day in the park!
YAH! Happy Mountain
The view from their apartment was beautiful
Day two was beach day. Although the weather wasn't nice enough to actually go swimming we still enjoyed hanging out by the water. And the weather certainly didn't stop these Koreans from enjoying their tubing time.
Just a short 15 minute walk up to another temple
Fruit for sale
Sometimes I forget how beautiful Korea is
Lunch was pork since neither of us enjoy fish!
A trip downtown to end our evening
HUH? This shirt pretty much sums up my weekend in Seoraksan.
Had a blast once again!!!!!!! Life in grand!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

You're very welcome. You were great guests! It's nice to see the pics you took while you were in the area...to put faces on the dirty old men ; )

Why am I here??? said...

Hey Catherine, I'm glad you wrote something b/c I've been meaning to tell you that I can't comment on your site. I've tried a few times with my id and also as anonymous, but to no avail. I can see the top part of the word verification but I can't scroll down to actually type in the code. It's frustrating. Especially after reading about #3 in your top ten....haha so funny!

Anyways do you know what's up with me not being able to comment!

Anonymous said...

Heyyyy i love reading ur bloggg...i just wanna comment that you look like you lost ALOT OF WEIGHHTTT..niceee...have any weight loss secrets to share?

Why am I here??? said...

hey anony,

Couldn't tell you what my secret was b/c to be honest I wasn't even trying to loose weight. I'm not sure that I even did. Thanks for reading and thanks for the compliments!

Catherine said...

I don't know why you can't comment. I'm going to remove the word verification, since I screen comments anyway.

I have you to thank for #3!