Friday, June 12, 2009

Well my friends..........

I'm back! I even wrote a little self-reminder to make a blog post today, as it marked my two weeks away.....heheh.

Anyways, it appears the blogging world is against me. In fact, that last post about my wedding was the last post in which I am allowed to upload anymore videos or photos.

I HAVE REACHED MY PHOTO LIMIT.

Apparently blogger has teamed up with Picasa photo album which has a 1GB photo storage limit. Any photos uploaded to blogger are immediately uploaded to a Picasa photo album. I did some more digging and found my Picasa site. I figured I'd just delete the photos off that site which would automatically free up some space. That was until I came across this: "Be careful when you delete photos though, because deletions will affect both your blog and its album".

CRAAAAAAAAAAAP

Now if I want to continue this blog (aka. add more photos) then I have to upgrade my storage space at this rate:

10GB - $20US/yr
40GB - $75/yr
150GB - $250/yr
400GB - $500/yr

A YEAR? HUH? Okay so I know 10GB would be enough. But what does $20 a year mean? SERIOUSLY! A sign to stop blogging perhaps?

10 comments:

Diana said...

Can you open an account at another photo site, such as Flickr and then just post them in your blog through that? That's my plan when I hit Picasa's limit.

Amanda said...

Or a sign to self-host and get away from the freebie stuff. OR make your photos SMALLER. Jen, your photos are HUGE and that takes up a ton of space. If you could edit them in quality and size, that'd help.

kangmi said...

Or switch to wordpress.com.

Ladyslippers Plus 3 said...

Nooooooooooooo! Don't stop. :o)

asiangarden said...

say what?? I have to have uploaded tons more pics then you in the three years I have had my blog...hmmmm I hope I don't reach my limit!

Professor Amy-Michelle said...

What are you talking about "photo limit"?! I've been using blogger.com for almost 4 years. Maybe it has something to do with how you're linking your pictures to your homepage, mind ya, I also use Picaca (#3).
Something smells fishy... and no, I don't mean you... hahaha.
Check into it more Jen.

Khamela said...

you should never stop blogging. I love your blog lol. Thanks for commenting on my blog again. I think you're the only person that reads it haha. Hope to see you when I get there!

Bram said...

An entire GIGABYTE of photos should be MORE than enough. 1,000 photos takes up a little more than 1/10 of a GIGABYTE. Something's messed up. You're probably adding the photos in some backwards way that is costing more memory than it should. Amy's blog has TONS of photos, but I guarantee you that it's less than 1GB. Take it from a computer geek =D

Shells Bells said...

start a new blog :) That's weird that you got that message because mine isn't like that - it does tell me how much storage I have left on a regular basis though..

Jennifer said...

awww your wedding photos are sooooooooo beautiful!!! congrats! that is wonderful!!!