Saturday, December 06, 2008

Getting in the Christmas Spirit

Christmas is my favorite holiday. But this year I haven't really been in the Christmas spirit. I set up my mini tree but haven't gotten around to putting up all the decorations yet. Last weekend I asked Sung Hyun to help me and when I turned on the Christmas music he shut it off and said he was too tired to put up the lights. BOO HOO. So the decorations are strewn around my apartment, making it cluttered and messy. Christmas is a really big deal to me, but not really that important for Koreans. So my goal today is to crank the Christmas classics and finish my decorating, with or without Sung Hyun!!!

On Saturday night I had the chance to watch this hilarious play about a very naughty Santa Claus. And it was a perfect way to spend a Saturday night.

From the site:

A hilarious dark comedy in English!

Is Santa Claus a philandering, libidinous sexpot? Or an innocent pawn being manipulated and defamed by the Reindeer? Find out in this hilarious black Christmas comedy where the Reindeer accuse Santa of Sexual Harassment. Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen- each reindeer gives us the inside scoop, dishing about Santa's true character, the Elves' origin, and even Mrs. Claus' alcoholism. The story takes some unexpected and altogether unwholesome twists and turns, and Santa may end up on the Naughty List permanently.
_________________________________________________________

If you would like to attend then here is the info. Book tickets b.c they are selling out quickly

Venue: VFW, Haebangchon (5 mins from Itaewon!)

Dates: Sunday November 30th to Sunday December 14thTimes: Opens Sunday, November 30th at 8pm, thereafter: Fridays at 8pm, Saturdays at 6pm & 8:30pm, Sundays at 3pm & 6pm (run time 1hr 30mins)ENJOY LIVE MUSIC 30 MINS BEFORE THE SHOW!

Tickets: 10,000 won

Box Office: To reserve, call 010-2660-2646 or email m_wproductions@yahoo.com

5 comments:

Kuri said...

Definitely working on feeling 100% before Leon gets here, lol. Lots of fluids, staying warm and rest. I did get to see the snow today though. I hope it does it again when Leon gets here. It would be so romantic...plus his facial expression would be hilarious since he hates snow like me=^^=

Shelley said...

Hey! Christmas is my favourite time of the year too. Living in India it's been so hard, I mean it's not even cold. It's 28 degrees during the day and I'm finding it so hard to get into the Christmas spirit. There are many Christians living here but it's still not celebrated like we do at home.
Maybe if I turn on all the air conditioners in the house, close the curtains and blast some holiday season music then maybe I can get that "feeling."

I'm afraid it's going to be bah-humbug this year. Boo hoo!

Annie-Me said...

IT was super awesome to get to spend some time with you. I had so much fun! thanx for inviting me to the show!

Beloved said...

I admire your persistence in celebrating the holidays despite Sung-hyun's lack of enthusiasm/participation. I faced the same thing with my guy, but I gave in and gave up. That was the beginning of the end for me. I haven't been able to get into Christmas even since coming back to the States. Maybe if I have a kiddo someday, I'll be able to get into it again. :P

ambearo said...

I love Christmas too and it makes me sad how unenthusiastic many people here are about it. Crank those Christmas tunes! ^^