Saturday, December 27, 2008

Japan rocks

On the way back to Canada Sung Hyun and I had a 5 hour layover in Tokyo Japan. Many Westerners tend to think that Asian culture is homogenous, however after living in Korea for the past 3 years I can say that my mini trip to Japan (as I only saw the inside of the airport) was an eye opener for the both of us.

Japan seems like a really neat culture. One that I would like to explore in the future. One thing I do know about my mini-venture to Japan is that it's damn expensive!!!!!

This display is made of paper origami

And of course a little trip to McDonalds. No Big Mac though, so we had to settle for a quaterpounder meal for $10 US EACH

See, expensive!!!!

Sung Hyun was hungry. The beef on this burger tasted so different than Korean and Canadian McDonalds.


Now off to HOME!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Well, yes, Japan's expensive, but you know airports are ALWAYS insanely overpriced!

Katie♥ said...

Special experience!!
I love japan but japan's everythings are too expence!;;

I love to eat candy cane since you gave me one!! Your candycane is so-so-so-so-so-so-so- YUMMY!!
(But it makes my Lip to alien's blue lipㅠㅠ)
Thank you very much!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like they have lots to do int ehir airport! I have been to Japan once and I had money to burn then. I bought a disc man for $400!!!! Crazy! I had the privilage of touring through some of Japan with my Japanese friend who happened to be visiting there from Canada and saw many interesting sights.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

:) I was in that same shop about a year ago. Japan is awesome. I absolutely loved it and, honestly, I didn't think it was THAT expensive, but maybe that's because I was coming from Russia, where everything costs a fortune. -Diana

Andy said...

Japan is awesome. I had a 5 day holiday there while I was in Korea. After 2.5 years in Korea, and then my first day in Japan, i thought to myself "did I chose the right asian country to live in for a while?" hehe.

Beloved said...

DO go to Japan if you have the opportunity while you're in Korea. It's AMAZING! I went twice (once was just a visa run, though). Even if you can just go for a long weekend, it's so worth it. I went to Kyoto for 4 days and it was so wonderful.

Shelley said...

I've been to Tokyo, and LOVED it! You just can't compare it to Korea, they are both very different. If you have a chance you really should go there for a vacation. The culture is amazing!
By the way, you look great!! Is it the new work out plan Amy has you on?? Whatever it is, you're glowing!

Anonymous said...

But you'll have to go through finger printing process to visit that country now.