Sunday, September 07, 2008

This girl I know.....

I met her in high school. She was the basketball sports star center of the 'incrowd', me the bookworm. We would later meet up in biology class. Lab partners to be exact. Our friendship unfolded over biology books in the library. I taught her tricks to easily remember things like enzymes, cellular respiration and all those other things your supposed to learn in grade 12 bio. And she appreciated my help. Later on, I would go to cheer on her games. I sat by myself and felt proud to know her. Felt proud to help her and proud to see her excel at something she was good at. Although she was always engaged with her friends from the 'incrowd' (you know how it is) she never forgot to hug me and thank me for coming. She never forgot to introduce me to her other friends. And she stood up for me, was not ashamed to hang with a geek so to speak.

That one year in high school was enough to solidify a friendship that has been strong ever since. I love her for being such a great person, a dear friend. I can't wait to see her again when I return home. I can't wait to meet her son!!!!!





I love you friend. Your BEAUTIFUL!!!!

5 comments:

Wandering Ju said...

These pictures are amazing! I kinda wish that I took more pictures when I was pregnant. I was too conscious of looking fat to leave a record and now I regret it.

Sarah said...

Jen...

I love you! Your blog brought me to tears....I sat here in front of my computer with my head in my hands thanking God that he ever brought a great friend like you into my life! Awww your story would be quite different than mine....If you could see yourself through my eyes you would have always known that I was tha one that admired you! I love you so much friend and can't wait for my lil man to have you as an Auntie! Only officially 14 more days till u become Auntie Jen!!!!!! Thank u so much for makin my day.....you blog is beautiful! U picked out ALL my favorite pics.....I miss u so much!!!!!! Anyways I am a lil hormonal so I best go before I cant stop crying, lol! I will let u kno soon as I go into Labor...I am going to get someone to get a hold of your mom so be prepared in these next 14 days! Hurry up and come home so u can have lil babies n we can go for long walks in tha park....or in ur case tha library, LOL! LOVE U FRIEND....thanks for blessing me!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Jen...

I love you! Your blog brought me to tears....I sat here in front of my computer with my head in my hands thanking God that he ever brought a great friend like you into my life! Awww your story would be quite different than mine....If you could see yourself through my eyes you would have always known that I was tha one that admired you! I love you so much friend and can't wait for my lil man to have you as an Auntie! Only officially 14 more days till u become Auntie Jen!!!!!! Thank u so much for makin my day.....you blog is beautiful! U picked out ALL my favorite pics.....I miss u so much!!!!!! Anyways I am a lil hormonal so I best go before I cant stop crying, lol! I will let u kno soon as I go into Labor...I am going to get someone to get a hold of your mom so be prepared in these next 14 days! Hurry up and come home so u can have lil babies n we can go for long walks in tha park....or in ur case tha library, LOL! LOVE U FRIEND....thanks for blessing me!

Sarah

Professor Amy-Michelle said...

Yo Jennifer,
Wow… I love that third picture, so different. Congrats to your friend on the upcoming birth of her son. All the best for a healthy and happy baby boy!

asiangarden said...

Wow!She is beautiful! I love belly pics!