Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A glimpse of summer

So now that my Vietnam pictures are finished and posted I thought it would be nice to carry on with the rest of my summer. I seem to be a lot behind on my updates so I have decided to highlight some of the things I enjoyed in August and September. So in no particular order here they are:
______________________________________

A hike through the mountains with a friend on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Then Indian food for dinner ;)

_____________________________________________

Heading to a 1 year old birthday celebration:



_______________________________________

Meeting up with Sung Hyun's family for dinner and then watching his niece eat spicy chicken feet in the bar:

________________________________________

Taking a long bus ride home but enjoying the English television available on Sung Hyun's handphone:

__________________________________________

Celebrating my friends birthday in her friends massive apartment while eating a lot of delicious barbecued food:

__________________________________________

Going to Yongsan military base and eating so much Taco Bell that it hurt to walk. Then being able to buy Western toothpaste:

____________________________________________

Reading a book from start to finish in one day and eating mini pancakes for breakfast:

___________________________________________

Cruising around Seoul, just because we can, with my handsome lover:

_________________________________________

A day in the sun at Yeoido pool with a little volleyball and 'let's check out hot guys grease themselves up with oil':


(had to throw Sung Hyun in there for good measure)
__________________________________________________

Getting introduced to a cool little restaurant tucked away in the back streets of Hongdae for a night of good convo and food:


___________________________________________

Then going back the next week because it was that good:

___________________________________________

Getting dressed up and going shopping for something *special*:


__________________________________________

Chowing down on Indian, opening presents then eating my homemade Western style cake for my birthday..........yum yum:


_________________________________________

Going for Koreanized Japanese food while overlooking a busy street:

__________________________________________

Drinking beer on a rainy day at a restaurant 5 minutes from my house:

And those are the days of my summer. Very enjoyable!!!! How was yours?

3 comments:

Professor Amy-Michelle said...

Hey Jennifer,
Didn't realize it was your birthday... happy belated birthday girl!!! Who gave you that smokin' dude in the teanie-weenie pants for your birthday?! Dang!!! Hehehe.
I don't care what ANYONE says about Korean men, props to them for the confidence to wear such clothes, or lack there of it, and dang...if you have a body like that, why not show it off. By the way, Sung Hyun is a hottie too! Good job... hehehe

asiangarden said...

LOL, the speedo guy was hot but his speedo seemed to be lacking in the packing dept! lol ;)
The food looks yummy!~ You had a lot of fun!

rwellor said...

Jennifer,

Hello,

My name is Roger Wellor and I’m doing a study of the successes and failures of Korean International Tourism Marketing (I found your blog on the Korean blogs list). I have a brief survey online that I invite you to take. It is designed to be answered by Korean/US bloggers and to give a slight outline of how these cross-cultural thinkers evaluate Korea’s International Marketing.

Sorry to do this in comments, but I didn’t see an email link.

Your email will not be used for anything other than this survey (in fact it is not a required field in the survey) and if you have any questions, I can be contacted here at rwellor@spunangel.com.

Here is the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=C1BZDkamZB1C03Q_2ftJTkVw_3d_3d

thank you,

Roger…