Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend in a nutshell

On Saturday I met up with Kristen, who has recently come to Korea to teach. We had a wonderful lunch in Gangnam and some great laughs over ice cream!!!!!


She's really excited to be here and I can tell she will do a wonderful job with her kids.
___________________________________________________
Then after that, I met up with Anne Marie for dinner at my place. We had some yummy chicken and just chilled out and watched a movie. Sung Hyun decided that he wanted a midnight snack so we got out of our pj's and drove around for some eats. Only problem was that it was raining sooooooo hard. I was driving and I couldn't see in front of me that's how hard it was coming down. We stepped out of the car and decided that it was best just to head home and skip the midnight snack.
UNTIL.........................Anne Marie and I discovered SWIMMING CAPS in the backseat of the car. Then we had a bright idea to put them on and well.....................
This is what resulted!!!!!


We were having so much fun jumping in the puddles and in no time we were soaked. Then both of us started to do the swimming motions as we were walking. We walked for over 30 minutes and most people just laughed at us. Some even joined in and started swimming down the street with us. One older man didn't want to get his hair wet so I took of my cap and put it on him and he joined in on the fun.
It was definitely one of the best and most random things I have done.


Here we are dripping wet
____________________________________________________
Then the next day Anne Marie organized my whole house. It took her 3 hours (don't worry mom, I was helping too)

My re-organized closet.............with way too many clothes

And my storage closet that has NEVER looked this good, thanks friend!!!

Dinner was in Apgujeoung. We hit up Hooters but left disappointed b/c really there were no hooters to be seen -- just overly padded Korean bras ;(


It was super expensive and between the three of us we paid $63, yikes!!!!


But the highlight of the night was finding this candy story about a block away from Hooters. It was packed with cheap candies and Campbell's soup for $1 a can!!!!!
And I found candy canes!!!!! Whoa to another great weekend!!!
Oh yah and I'm finished work (well sort of). I have completed the first semester with my grade 4-6 students. I am now working a summer camp until Friday, then I'm done!!!!!!!!
Peace out y'all ;)

1 comment:

asiangarden said...

OMG! you are so crazy!