Saturday, April 05, 2008

YOGA



I HATE YOGA. Really I have given it a try and honestly I can say it's not for me. I don't like bending in those awquard positions and my body certainly doesn't like it either. And to tell you the truth I can't even touch my toes (well I can if I bend my knees, does that count?)
Well the other day we (Jennifer, Brittney and myself) walked by a yoga studio and were curious so we decided to go up and take a peak. Well we managed to score one free yoga session, so off we went to the yoga studio the next day, gear in hand ready for some yoga.
Yup I still don't like it. And I certainly wasn't prepared for what happened in class. First the lady was making hissing sounds in order to help us relax. This had the opposite affect on me and I burst into laughter immediately.
You know when you get all giggly and you have to let out a good belly laugh?!?!?! well that was me in the middle of a dead silent class. I laughed...........I laughed so hard that I pretended to cough so she thought I wasn't laugh. She knew I was laughing.
It got to be so bad that I had to leave the class (either that or get kicked out). So I made up some excuse about having to study Korean and that I needed to go.
And on the 10 minute walk back home I let out my belly laugh. I am sure passerbyers questioned what I was laughing at but at this point I didn't care.
The other two girls liked it and are decided whether or not to sign up for lessons. Needless to say, I won't be returning to that studio again!!!!

3 comments:

Beloved said...

Haha. Funny that you couldn't stop laughing. I get the giggles at the weirdest times sometimes. That being said, I LOVE yoga. There is an excellent class near my house that I try to attend as often as I can. The only thing I dislike about it is that each class is 90 min. long. That's TOO long for me!

Anonymous said...

i know what you mean! i hate bending and stretching. whenever i get a physical they always tell me i have horrible hamstrings and i should stretch them out. i do every once in awhile but im tall and stiff, not some ninja!
<3<3<3
-bman
ps-i cant reach my toes either!

Lindsay said...

I don't like Yoga either. I completly understand the giggles. I call them church giggles. Have a good Monday!