Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm back

Well for those of you who don’t already know, I’ve arrived safe and sound in Korea. Yah, talk about taking forever to update my blog BUT I haven’t gotten internet in my apartment until TODAY, so in the next little while I will have to give you the run down of my past month.

For starters, the new job is FABULOUS!!!!! I teach grade 4-6 at a public elementary school in Seoul. At first I was nervous to teach so many students but actually it’s not that bad since the most kids I have in a class is 15. I teach five 40 minute classes a day Monday to Friday. It’s pretty sweet when I think about it. Can you believe that’s only about 3 hours of actual teaching? I do however have an afterschool program 4 days a week for 50 minutes. So I guess it’s more like working 4 hours a day……hehe!!!! Either way my days are super sweet.

Shout outs to Amanda and Amy for giving me some classroom disciple assistance. Thanks ladies!!!!!

I’ve got my own classroom and have already started to decorate the walls with stamp charts and monthly theme projects…….YAY me!!!! I have my own printer AND computer in my room, along with internet. Yet for some reason I am unable to access BLOGGER, which explains my lack of updates.

The teachers at the school are great!!!! We get along very well and they are so wonderful. I couldn’t have asked for better gals (and guys)!!!! We are even planning a group trip together sometime in May. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that flight times will work out.

My apartment (pictures to follow sometime this week) is very small (hey, it’s Seoul) BUT very modern and super clean. In fact, it’s a new building built specifically for the teachers at our school. It has a built-in wall unit and even a shower (yahhhhhh, can you hear my cheers?!?!?!). Seriously I haven’t had a shower door in the last 3 apartments I’ve been in so I’m super excited about that. The apartment is a short walk (about 15 minutes) to work – up hill. I certainly will be burning a lot of calories in the summer when I’m sweating my a$$ off. Or maybe I should buy a scooter?

Well that’s all I can think of? Anything else you want to read about?

2 comments:

Beloved said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're blogging again. And so happy to hear that you like your new job. It sounds pretty sweet. I highly recommend a scooter, but then I'm a bit of a lazy *ss. hehe. I lived on campus and just got tired of being hot and sweaty or drenched (during hte rainy season)when I got to work (after a 15 min. walk to my class). Be super careful if you do get one, though. My first one got stolen. :(

alessandrastarr said...

YAY! You're alive! Your new job sounds great.