Sunday, February 24, 2008

Curling

My mom had tickets to all the draws for the Scott Tournament of Hearts (ladies curling). I was lucky enough to go with her a few days to check out what the big deal was. It was fun to watch, a little slow at times, but definately entertaining.

It just so happened that Jennifer's finace Chris invited me to a curling bonspiel with some of his friends. So while I was watching curling during the week I was sure to make notes on how to play this sport.


I thought I had it all figured out until I went slip sliding all over the ice. It's definately harder than it looks and the sweeping took so much energy out of me that it left me huffing and puffing for air.


Look at me I can curl with my eyes closed..........I'm that good, keke

Jennifer was all smiles. She said that curling was "not fun to watch and certainly not fun to play"

We were having so much fun that we decided to take the action out onto the tiles


But it turns out that we weren't that good afterall

This is Chris (my 2nd boyfriend). Actually it's Jennifer's fiance but it's the running joke that we are also a couple. But here's the real couple

Jen and I going crazy with the drinks

And then the straws came out and we knew we were in trouble

No comments: