Sunday, December 30, 2007

The big surprise

After my trip to Walmart (whooooooaaaaaa) and my adjustment to the new time change / getting off the adrenalin rush I finally made it to bed at 4 a.m.

So that morning I headed over to the annual open house Christmas party at my mom's friends place. I hid in the basement with a cell phone so that when she arrived I could call the house.

Our conversation went a little something like this:

Me - "hey mom (in a sad voice) I just called because I miss you.

Mom - "how did you get this phone number?"

Me - "I called home first and you weren't home so dad gave me the number to get ahold of you"

Mom - "oh yes I'm at a party......."

Me - "Why isn't dad there?"

Mom - "Dad didn't come because he's not feeling too well"

Me - "DAD DIDN'T COME.............BUT I CAME!!!!!!!

(then I ran up the stairs and gave mom a big hug while she dropped the phone)

IT WAS PERFECT, RIGHT MOM?!?!?!?!?!

_________________________________________

Then because my dad (and brother) weren't there we got to plan another suprise for them while we were driving home. We thought it would be best if I stood at the end of the street and attempted to hitch a ride since my mom just had to swing by the house to pick up my dad. So that's what I did. I stood with my back to the road so they couldn't see who I was and then last minute I pretended to walk across the street as if I didn't see the car.

My dad's response - "What's that IDIOT doing?"

Then I ran up to the window to ask if I could borrow a cell phone

To which my dad replied - "Oh, hi Jen"

And even though I was late and my original plan fell through it was still an AWESOME SURPRISE and an AWESOME DAY!!!!!

No comments: