Monday, June 18, 2007

Time for a change

With all the free time I had last week I thought it would be good to change my room around. My main goal was to put my exercise machine in my bedroom, not the storage area, so that I would use it more often.


Ahhhh, what a mess. Deciding to re-arange things at night was a bad idea (especially since it was 10:00 pm). I even took apart my bed frame with Sung Hyuns electric drill. The plan was to store the bed and sleep KOREAN STYLE.......aka on the floor!!!! So that is what I did. I acquired a couch and nicely rearranged things so that my apartment was more suitable for entertaining.

Only problem was that at 1:00 am, after I had spent a mere 15 minutes on my new Korean style bed (the floor) I decided that putting my nice Western style bed into storage was a bad idea. The next day after work I once again re-arranged my room in order to fit the bed -- it was a must. And here is what I came up with:

My entrance way -- I had to move my kitchen table back into the kitchen.....

My nice new comfy couch
Still haven't used my exercise bike -- maybe tomorrow......kekeke
The view from my couch
TA-DA!!!!!

9 comments:

Sandra said...

Looks great.

Beloved said...

Wow! It looks fantastic. Yes, to the bed. I can only handle Korean style sleeping for exactly two nights. It's all downhill from there. Love the couch--I never had one in Korea and it was the definitely the piece of furniture I missed the most. Probably spend wwwaaayyy too much time on mine now, but that's another story. :)

Jenna said...

I like your couch.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it is a good idea that you get used to sleeping Korean style (on the floor) b/c if they don't speed up the renovations here, that's where you will be sleeping when you visit. haha
How does a hotel sound? Just joking.

Momma Bear

Beaker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beaker said...

You are my sun, my moon, my star-lit sky. Without you; I dwell in darkness.

Professor Amy-Michelle said...

Jenn, Jenn, Jenn... what are you doing girl?

Get on that treadmill dude, those things aren't exactly cheap. Don't use it as a clothes hanger, that's a damn expensive hanger... hehehe.

I use to work-out at home too but I find it takes all that more self-discipline and motivation to do it. And now, with Mi Nam here, it's all that much harder cause he tries to jump on my tummy when I'm doing sit-ups and he always walks into my skipping rope when I'm skipping... hehehe.

Great pad you got there. Pretty cool.

Hey, what's your summer vacation looking like? Any plans? I've got two months off and so I was thinking about swinging by Seoul to visit ya... any thoughts on that?

Why am I here??? said...

Sounds great Amy, but let's hold off until after I get back from Canada. Unfortunately my summer vacation is only one week!!!! See ya in a month or so.

Jennifer

Sunny said...

BTW, if you happen to check my blog lately, you've been tagged. If you feel up to it right now.