Friday, June 08, 2007

One heck of a good time

Last Saturday our school planned a field trip for us -- they rented us a bus and took us to the woods to shoot at us. We had a full day of fun from the time we got on the bus till the night was over. Don't worry, no one was armed in battle........it was only paintball that we were playing anyways.



Everyone knows the back of the bus is always the most fun. So that is where we started..........lots of laughs, jokes and singing.


Anne marie brought her handy speaker system including her ipod and we rocked to tunes all the way there -- we even had the Korean bus drivers singing along.



Shortly after we arrived at Jisan ski resort (looks a lot different covered in snow). We were ready for battle. It was really great to get away from Seoul and be surrounded by mountains, clean air and good company.



Here we are ready for battle. Jackson and I pose for a picture, before we begin discussing our battle strategy. We were all smiles until we got our butt kicked by the other team.




This is the first time I have played paintball and it was very fun. I'll definately be doing it again. I think I will have to take Sung Hyun to lazer tag in Canada.



After our battle we sat down to some grilled pork (Korean style BBQ) and copious amounts of alcohol.



Shane, the Western guy in the picture below, has a talent. He can shotgun a beer in about 3 seconds. He had all the Korean men beat as he rocked his mad skills. They certainly have him a a pedestal now.




CHEERS!!!!!!


So this Korean man has adopted me as his daugher and I always call him 'father'. But what kind of father would encourage me to drink like this?


The bus ride home had to be the best. All the Korean bus drivers were dancing in the ailes, doing shots of soju, singing and acting like complete fools. They even started to do flips by haning on to the seat hand rests..........wow leave it to Koreans to have a good time. It certainly was obnoxious but I loved it!!!!

And just when I thought the day was over, we moved on to a local pub by my house. I often go here on Friday for a cold beer after a hard week of work with some teachers and I have been attending this place for the past year and a half, so I am pretty sure the owner wasn't impressed when I brought in a posse of already drunk Koreans.

Yup the night was still not over. And what do you do with a bunch of drunk Korean guys at 8 pm on a Saturday night? Take them to a singing room where they can sing and dance and get it on. Seriously these rooms are always packed but this is by far the best time I have had in a Norleebong.

1 comment:

Beloved said...

Looks like you had a great time. I had plans to go and play paintball for the first time with some of my middle schoolers, but they fell through because the place wasn't open on the day we wanted to go. I'd like to try it, though.