Monday, June 11, 2007

I will miss my almost daily trips to Sinchon..........the super-hip and always crowed place to be, where you will be sure to bump into some cutie Korean students ;) Yes my university class has come to an end. I studied hard and burnt myself out. I was getting so worn down that I decided that I better hold off on the next course (plus I didn't want to have to worry about studying when I made my trip to Canada). So I opted out of the final because at this moment I have crammed in enough information that I possibly can. And on top of that, I'm in it for the long haul and not too concerned what grade I get. As long as I'm learning I'm happy.

Just one super cute Korean kindy that I teach. Even though he's not the smartest in the class I am sure his super sweet looks will take him far (well at least that is what my Korean co-teacher keeps telling me)
I think my next goal will be to see if it is possible for me to take a picture without putting up the Korean 'kimchi' fingers.

And here they are again. I swear it is just part of how people take pictures. How I got wrapped into this crazy idea is beyond me.


THREE KOREAN GUYS HUGGING (yes you heard that right) IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET..............WHILE THEY HAPPILY POSE FOR A PICTURE.......ahhhh somethings I will just never understand. Actually it is really nice to see men be able to do something so freely and not be concerned with the Western connotations associated with such harmless touch. Here you are not gay if you decide to wear pink or wrap your arms around your guy friend.

Sitting on the roof-top in Nashvilles kicking back a cold beer is the perfect way to enjoy a Saturday.


I love how this yellow sign prohibits the sale of goods, yet right below are some knock-off DVD's for sale.........kekeke

It's very seldom that I experience culture shock now. Having lived in Korea for over a year and a half I have grown (or just come) to accept the ramdomness of this country -- puke on the street, pushy Koreans, cheap food, feeling like a celebrity.........This past weekend Sung Hyun and I decided to head for dinner and it was his turn to pick were we were going. Since I wasn't very hungry I was up for anything because I just figured that I wouldn't eat much anyways. And of course I didn't eat much, especially after I found out that we were going for octopus (don't worry this time it was dead).
Painting something on some half-naked guy in the middle of the street................this is one of those ONLY IN KOREA MOMENTS!!!!

No comments: