Friday, March 09, 2007

Gloomy Sunday.......

Well these pictures are about a week behind, but not because I'm lazy, rather as a result of my sick computer. It's official, my computer is a piece of crap, which doesn't make me too happy, especially for those of you who knew what kinda trouble I had with it when I was back in Canada. Thankfully Sung Hyun willing dragged his desktop to my place so that I can reconnect with the world. I was starting to go stir crazy..........

This past Sunday Jackson (a fellow co-worker, but better yet, a great friend) and I went for lunch at a Nepal restaurant. I made a promise to myself that I would try eating more exotic food. So far I have kept to my promise -- Pakistan, Indian, and Nepal in the last 2 weeks.

It was a gloomy day so both of us took our umbrellas which were definately needed. Here is a picture of Jackson walking the rainy streets.
Here' s where we ate.....................overall it wasn't that great. The food lacked spice and flavour. The man thought that we wouldn't like spicy food, so he toned it down for us. I don't think I'll go back, even though we got a lot of food for a reasonable price.
Here's a look at some of the stuff we ate...............and yes we ate it all..................I know I'm a pig when it comes to eating.

.............but I'm all SMILES!!!!!


After our lunch we decided that we must go for a walk to burn off some calories, despite the rain and my high-heels (unfortunately I couldn't convice Jackson to wear them............ now if only I had brought Sung Hyun with me.......kekeke)

Here are some military police boys. In Korea it is mandatory for Korean men to complete at least 2 years of compulsory military service. Sung Hyun was a riot police man for his two years, just like the boys in the picture

Geeeeeezzz, I hate freckles!!!!!!!!! Sometimes I forget that I have them because I can't imagine what I'd look like without them.

Here are some office buildings in the area that we were walking, approximately 30 minutes from my house.



So what do you think of my new spring jacket..................it cost me an arm and a leg!!!!!

Some fellow Koreans enjoying the rain.......

The Korean flag on a gloomy Sunday...................well that's the end of my Sunday tour.......stay tunned for more

No comments: