Saturday, December 09, 2006

how CUT is this????

So my lover (aka Korean boyfriend) has been calling me a lot lately. Perhaps it has something to do with me never calling him -- certainly not by choice but it is so outragously expensive to do so. It works out to about $1 a minute. And even though I love him deeply I just can't justify that sort of money, so I just perfer to use less expensive way (msn).

Anyways, because of the time difference he usually talks with me early in the morning, like 7:30 a.m. or so. Well perhaps that is not so early for those of you out there with real jobs, but if you know anything about me then you know how much I love to sleep and I usually just roll outta bed with just enough time to head to work. My mom is usually the only one up at 6 a.m. so all calls are answered by her. Naturally Sung Hyun (also known as 'gym' guy) has gotten used to small talk with my mom and although he still struggles with english I admire his attempt to communicate with me and my family (because I certainly am not learning Korean at a rapid rate).

Two days ago when he called, the first thing he said to my mom when she picked up the phone was:

"Tell me Sandy!!!!! Why do I miss Jen so much?"
This man makes my heart melt. He is so adorable that I feel guilty for having him all to myself.
Oh this reminds me of another story. One night when he was over at my house he wrote me a little book on post-it-notes and left it on my mirror. It went something like this.........
Hello, my love (flip page)
I think you are so.....
.....Beautiful!!!!
You make me laugh......
.....I love your SMILE
And you ....
...are
....so
....CUT !!!!!!!!
I AM SO WHAT?????? CUT................I think he meant to say cute.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

the gansta meanin of cut means to have sex......so maybee he really did mean that, LOL

Jennipal -- doing it Korean style said...

OH SNAP ................ are you for real??? hmmmmm I'll have to have a talk with that boy, even though he is everything but gangsta.........LOL. Your the best!!

Charlie's Entertainment said...

Jen, What is gansta?

Beloved said...

You should check out www.onesuite.com for very cheap phone rates to Korea. You pay online and just get a pin number. I use it for all of my regular long distance calling (in the U.S. & to Canada--$.02/min.) and my husband uses it to call Korea (only about $.05 a minute). Then maybe you guys wouldn't have to talk so early in the morning! :o)

Jennipal -- doing it Korean style said...

Hey charlie, gangsta is slang for gangster -- usually someone who belongs in a gang, underclassed, antisocial and uneducated, has access to illegal drugs and weapons.

Jennipal -- doing it Korean style said...

whoaa sweet, I will be sure to check out that site. I can handle $.05 a minute over a dollar anyday. Thanks for the info beloved.

Alexis_the Viking said...

Oh jen, you are such a cutie, we are going to Tailand some day! don't forget.....

Miss you friend

Sunny said...

Awww, that was really "cut"

Jay Lee said...

I call korea all the time with phone cards.. All you need is a overseas phone cards that are sold basically in every convinience store.

You can compare the rates but it's usually 7 Cents a minute.