Monday, December 25, 2006

ONE CRAZY NIGHT!!!!!

I thought I would post these dog pictures because the whole time I was in Korea I didn't see any big dogs. These dogs are part of a special family -- since my aunt and uncle don't have any kids, these dogs have become their babies.









After dinner I went over to my professors house for a drink -- she is so neat and I love talking with her. It is so funny how we get along so well. She is a great lady and I aspire to be like her one day. In Korea it is very rare that two people of different age groups associate with each other (especially different social positions -- afterall I was her student). The more that I think about it, I feel sad that the Korean culture restricts who you can associate with simply on the basis of age. This is an intricate part of their society and there are many rules to follow when dealing with age differences. Anyways, I am thankful that I am able to have a special relationship with Lori.



So here we are. Yes, it is a horrible picture of both of us, but she is still the best prof in the world.


.......And where did we go??? We headed to the local gay and lesbian bar in our city where I got to see a drag show. For those of you Koreans who don't know what this is, it is when women dress up as men and men dress up as women (makeup and all).



WOW, I was impressed with this one. This is actually Lori's female friend dressed as a man. She did a good job, don't you think?


Today I got a sneak peak into a different world. I like to keep an open mind and try to experience new things; tonight was no exception!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn: Your blog is wonderful and I have added it as one of my favourites. As for what you said about me....well that was a very beautiful thing to say and I am deeply moved. Never forget, however, that I also learn so much and gain so much from people that touch my life (my students make up a very big part of my life). Having had you as a student and now as a friend means a great deal to me and your courage inspires me to keep doing what I am doing.