Monday, August 07, 2006

DAY 7 -- OKAY LEONARDO HERE I COME!!!!!!


Today was action packed because we signed up for a full day tour of some remote sacred islands. We got up bright and early and headed to the pier so that we could take a boat there. The ride was about 1 1/2 hours and we arrived at EMERAL LAKE. This was the actual site were part of the film "The Beach" with Leonardo DeCaprio was filmed. The water was spakling green just like in the movie.



After that we went to another beach. The sand there was so white it was almost blinding from the boat. There we did some snorkling. Since the water was a little murky there I didn't really enjoy it. Plus everytime I went under the water I felt like I was suffocating. Liz was looking forward to this part of the excursion but she was too afraid of sharks to stay in the water long enough.















The highlight of the trip was kayaking. We got to paddle through these amazing rock formations. We would weave in and out of tunnels and at one point we had to lie on our backs and push our way through the cave. Lastly we kayacked to this huge rock that was open in the middle ( ). It was so cool to be completely surrounded by rocks and beautiful green water. We took some pics on a disposible camera but they will be nothing compared to the real thing.


Liz went out partying for the night and I decided to stay behind because I was exhasted and was not feeling well. My allergies have kicked in since I have been staying in beach huts surrounded by grass........(NOTE TO SELF -- BRING ALLERGY MEDICATION WHEN TRAVELLING). I didn't sleep well because I was worried about Liz making it home okay. She rolled into bed at about 8 am the next day pretty drunk. She met alot of different Europeans and had a spectacular evening chatting it up and busting some moves on the dance floor.

No comments: