Monday, July 24, 2006

REFLECTIONS..............

Looking back I would have to say that this journey has been the BEST thing that I have choosen to do in my life thus far. Sometimes it is scary to make major changes and all too often people would rather stay in their comfort zone rather than make a diversion into the unknown. Life is about taking risks and although it has been really tough for me at times, I have also experienced some amazing things.............something that I could never have learned from a book. The memories that I have created over the past year will literally last me a lifetime. There are things that I have done here that I will never forget; there are people that I have met that will always hold a special place in my heart.

I would be lying if I told you that my life in Korea was close to perfect. In fact, it's far from that...............which is exactly the reason that I have enjoyed it so much. There were times when I would sit in my apartment and think (and cry) about how much I miss my friends and family.......... I pursued, pushed, and forced myself to literally SUCK IT UP. There was no one here to pick up the pieces when I fell apart.............I learned to rely on myself. I would often say "Jen this is only one year out of your life and you have made a commitment to this contract and people rely on you and expect you do fulfill your obligation, YOU CAN DO IT" -- who would have known it would turn out to be the BEST year of my life (I certainly didn't think so)??

So what is the point of this rambling. Well if any of you ever get the opportunity to do something like this I would strongly recommend it. If you are not so lucky, remember that there are always times in your life when you get to test your strength. When you are given that opportunity, TAKE IT!!!!! Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.

And if you ever feel down remember this................


The complexities of life, the hectic pace
of everyday living fondly called 'rat race'
can be overwhelming and hard to bare
without the support comfort and care
OF FAMILY AND FRIENDS
So start each new day with peace of mind
that when you are weary and caught in a bind
those close to your heart will guide you along
and help to distinquish the right from the wrong
SOOTHING YOUR SOUL
And when your day is finally done
reflect on the moments of laughter and fun
for they will provide you with feelings of peace
your worries will fade, your tensions decrease
AND ALL WILL BE WELL

No comments: