Monday, June 12, 2006

Seoul National Museum


There are several museums in Seoul. Just a month ago I took my kindies on a field trip to a medical museum specifically documenting the evolution of medicine. Liz (my co-worker) was walking through the museum teaching her kindies (who are older and more advanced) about accupuncture and different medical techniques. I was walking through asking my kindies what shape and colour the instuments were. It was so boring for them.........

Okay that was a little of topic.................these pictures are from Seoul National Museum which I visited with my Korean co-teacher when I first arrived in Seoul. I don't remember exactly what was at the museum but I got to see some traditional Korean clothing, tools, instruments etc...

These little tables are what Koreans eat off of for meals. Traditionally they sit on the floor (cross legged or with their legs to one side) and eat from little dishes that are placed in the center of the table. I had the opportunity to eat with a Korean family for a birthday celebration and we sat on the floor -- it was so uncomfortable. Funny thing was that the lady was turning 65 and she appeared perfectly fine with the idea. Just one of those Korean things.......

1 comment:

Liz What? said...

I am super impressed by how much blogging you have done. You really made me sound like a good teacher, because I taught my kindies about different medical techniques. You are a good friend. Lets live in Korea together forever. We don't need boys!!!!