Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Home sweet home

When I arrived in Korea I was happy to see that my apartment was a little larger than I had anticipated. The colour didn't excite me too much but there was nothing much I could do about it; I was definately not up to re-painting the whole thing.
Over the past several months I have managed to add a few more things to my room. I often go garbage picking, since Koreans throw out a lot of perfectly usable furniture. Perfect for teachers who don't wanna spend a lot of money decorating their places.
At Christmas I spent a few hours decorating my place to make it as cozy as possible. I wanted to create a Christmas setting away from home. My place turned out amazing and all my friends enjoyed spending time in it -- especially with all the lights on. Although it was a great atmosphere it still was not like spending time with my family and friends at home.
I have changed my room around about six time since I have been in Korea. It gives me something to do and I get a good cleaning in too. The last time I changed it around was because I found a cockroach scutter behind my bureau............yucky!!! As it stands this is what my place looks like now.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog, especially because I think that you taught at the school to which I am headed next month. I would be very interested to talk to you further and ask you a few questions about this. Would you do me the honor of e-mailing me and perhaps answering some questions?